Thursday, July 30, 2009

sniff. sniff.

My heart is aching right now knowing that I only have a few more days left with my handsome little fellas. It's that time of year again, where I must go and teach other peoples' children. I'm sad because I feel like I'm going to miss out on all the important moments. I want to be the first one to see my Noah roll over, and to watch Ari explore new things. I want to be the first to see the expression on their face when they try a new vegetable that they love, or a fruit that they don't care for. I'll miss out on the first sitting experience, the first standing experience, and probably the first walking experience. Hopefully they'll save all of these things for when I get home in the afternoon.

I LOVE hearing a great big burpie, and cleaning stinky butts. I love it when we read a story together after their second nap. There's nothing that I love more than seeing the two of them first thing in the morning...they give you the best gummy smiles and are so excited to see you.

Most mornings, I'll probably be gone before they wake up, and when I get home I'll only have a couple of hours with them before bath and bedtime. I can only hope that they get the same daily enriching activities that we've been able to have together over the past five months. I hope they don't forget me. : (

No comments: