Saturday, July 11, 2009

Daddy saves the day!

I had my very first "I'm a terrible mother" moment yesterday. I had just a few more things to move over to my new classroom, so Mark and I quickly packed up the car and the the diaper bag, got the boys into their car seats, and took off. The boys were still in the midst of their nap, but I knew as soon as they woke up it would be time for linner (feeding between lunch and dinner).

As soon as we got to my classroom, of course, they woke very ready to eat. I opened up the diaper bag to make their bottles, and lo and behold, I forgot their bottles! The munchkins were screaming their heads off. Mark walked into the room as I had "Oh, s&@$" written all over my face.

Mark quickly remembered that we had an emergency stash of bottles in the car! We put them in the car a few months ago just in case we ever came upon a moment like this. Thank goodness we were prepared for the moment!

I still feel horrible, but the boys got to eat, and we all left happy.

No comments: