Saturday, September 27, 2008

Survey says...

A couple of weeks ago my students were starting to suspect that I was having a baby, so I finally gave in and told them that I was having two! They were very excited and have been really sweet since they found out. I've gotten all kinds of crazy comments from them as well, including, "Oh, so you're going to have the babies and then take them to your wedding so you can get married!" This shows you a little about the background knowledge of my students! I responded to that one with, "No, dear. I decided to try it the other way around!"

So, since my students found out that I was carrying twins, they have been making all sorts of guesses about what they will be. During math yesterday we took a minute to come up with all the possible combinations that Mrs. Smolyar could have, and then took a little survey. Here are the results...

girl/girl = 9
boy/boy = 3
boy/girl = 6

The kids were very sure about their answers. I wish I had a clue!

No comments: