Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh, the things you'll discuss in an elevator

Mark and I went on our hospital tour at Northside today. I've been there a million times, but we were able to get something new out of it. I'd say the most important thing we got out of the whole tour was learning which entrance was the correct one to come through when the big day arrives!

On the way out, Mark and I were in the elevator with a man who was about to check out of the hospital with his new family. We saw him with bags and gifts and told him congratulations. He responded with a tired thank you and told us that he just had a boy. He then proceeded to ask us what we were having. When we told him two boys his eyes got really wide and he responded with an exasperated, "Jesus!" I have to say that this is definitely the best reaction that we've gotten so far. This poor man was exhausted with the one that he just had. I think knowing that we were having two secretly made him think that maybe one wasn't that bad! I guess you had to be there. I just keep telling myself that since we don't have any kids at all, we won't know the difference between having twins from a singleton.

1 comment:

holly said...

that's totally true—you won't know any better!! having twin boys is so amazing. i can't believe ours are already six months old!

i was on bedrest, so we never actually got to take our tour of northside. i bet it was fun!